Happy Fourth of July! What were your plans for the long, holiday weekend? Husband had to work Saturday, so H and I headed to our local, county 4-H horse show to watch her Aunt T show.
Oh, and pet lots of horses, but whatever.
And, if we can keep H up long enough tonight, maybe we’ll find some fireworks to watch.
Anyway, on to this holiday edition of the Weekly Round Up:
- Did you see this article in the Washington Post this week about GMOs, Nobel laureates and Greenpeace? It’s an interesting read, especially if you have concerns and questions about GMOs. Plus, the Washington Post made a pretty cool video to go with it.
- This, because it’s the Fourth of July!
- How many times have you cleaned out the refrigerator, only to find a half-eaten container of lettuce gone bad, or rotting fruit that had been barely touched? Well, apparently, the Senate has a plan to deal with some of the wasted food we generate here in the U.S.
- This, because the world of sports lost one of the most iconic and impressive women. Ever.
- This article, which talks about what farming today is…and isn’t. It’s awesome.
- And finally, this, because it’s the Fourth of July…again! And it’s a picture of a cute little calf! What could be better?