It’s time for another edition of the Weekly Round Up. We have a lot of ground to cover, so buckle up and enjoy the ride.
- Check out this awesome video about Concrete Cowboys, kids in Philadelphia who ride horses in the heart of the city.
- If you’ve visited Standing Out in the Field before, you might remember me telling you about my own farm background, and the hard-working farm women — most importantly my mom — I’m privileged to know. Well, direct from Illinois Farmer Today, here are some more pretty extraordinary farm women who are blazing the agricultural trail. Check it out.
- This, because cheese is awesome.
- This blog post, from Illinois Farm Families, which talks about steps farm families take to ensure they’re raising animals responsibly. It’s a great read if you have questions about how food animals are raised and cared for.
- This, because it’s almost Easter and I can’t think of anything more Easter-y than this cute picture of a calf and a chick. Bonus points because it’s a Jersey calf.
- Last week, I mentioned the proposed cuts to the ag education line item. This time, the Chicago Tribune is taking on the Governor’s proposed cuts. It’s a great story, but I’m really sharing it because it features a school I really love – Chicago High School for Ag Sciences. If nothing else, read it to learn more about CHSAS.