Whew. This weekend kicked my butt. Our county 4-H fair was in full swing this weekend which means I spent some time manning the DeWitt County Farm Bureau ice cream stand and announcing 4-H Horse Show Versatility class.
Oh, and escorting an adorable two-year-old around the fairgrounds to see goats, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens, ducks, rabbits, turkeys and geese. She had a blast.
And she baaaaa’ed at sheep. A lot.
Anyway, time for another edition of the Weekly Round Up:
- Did you know that different kinds of milk have different shelf lives? Did you know why? Check out this piece from the Huffington Post to learn more.
- This, because it’s awesome.
- This story from NPR’s The Salt, which profiles a nonprofit grocery store trying to help people eat healthier in a Philadelphia food desert.
- This story, from WIFR, about a six-year-old with cerebral palsy who showed his first dairy (yes, dairy – the station got that little bit wrong) dairy heifer at the county fair. And the judge you see him talking to? That’s my uncle!
- This, because even though my kid is super fun, it kind of feels like this sometimes.
- Did you know the foods you think are healthy may be packed with added sugar? According to the Washington Post, it’s pretty prevalent.