Another week down and, despite that fact that next week marks the first of July, it has felt like mid-August for the last couple of weeks. Would someone tell Mother Nature to turn down the thermostat, please?
Anyway, on to the Weekly Round Up!
- Have you seen Culvers’ new Facebook campaign called #FarmingFridays? It’s awesome! Each Friday this summer, beginning today, Culver’s is featuring a farming family with pictures, videos and stories! Be sure to check it out.
- This, because it’s making the rounds on my Facebook feed and I love it.
- Did you know that fermented foods are gaining in popularity? Me neither. I prefer my fermentation in the form of wine, but that’s just me. Still, non-wine fermented stuff is getting popular. To learn more, be sure to check out this article from NPR’s The Salt.
- Check out this op ed from the LA Times regarding nutrition labels, how they’ve been revamped and, well, if they actually work. For something that we all look at pretty frequently, the editorial board asks some pretty good questions.
- This, because, obviously.
- Looking for something to do this summer? If you live in the St. Louis area, be sure to check out the St. Louis Science Center’s new exhibit, Grow, which is all about agriculture, farming and all things cool.