It’s June! You know what that means? It’s Dairy Month!
And in honor of dairy month, the all (well, mostly) dairy Weekly Round Up!
- I’ve shared some of the Acres + Avenues videos before, but if you haven’t seen them, here’s the rundown: A dairy farmer and city dweller switch places and jobs to learn more about the other’s profession. It’s pretty cool stuff. Here’s the latest:
- Looking for some great dairy recipes? Then be sure to check out the Midwest Dairy Association’s recipes page. Plenty of great recipes for all your favorite dairy foods!
- Are you a runner? Or, for lack of a better word, gym rat? How do you recuperate after a particularly tough work out? For most, it’s a sports drink and a healthy meal, but perhaps you’re overlooking another fortified drink that can help your muscles bounce back. To learn more about the benefits of chocolate milk as a sports drink, be sure to check out this clip from National Geographic’s ‘You Can’t Lick Your Elbow.’
- This, because, obviously.
- And finally, this article, from Canadian Living. Not because it necessarily has to do with dairy month, but it does have to do with food. And it has lots of good information.