Remember how, last week, I was busy cleaning and crossing items off ‘to do’ lists to get ready for H’s second birthday?
Well, we survived the party and we now have a two-year-old living with us.
What I have I learned? They’re called the terrible twos for a reason. Yikes.
Anyway, on the to the Weekly Round Up:
- Want to learn about dairy farming, but really don’t want to make the jump to dairy farmer? Then check out this story, in the St. Cloud Times, about a dairy farm in Minnesota which has started a farm camp!
- This, because it’s just too true. How many times have you thrown out strawberries – or other fresh produce – that isn’t fresh anymore because you just didn’t get it eaten?
- This, from the Washington Post, which talks about America’s love affair – well, sort of – with pasta.
- This story, from the AP, about the Federation of Black Cowboys’ dicey future in New York.
- This story, from Civil Eats, which discusses viability of rooftop and urban farms.
- And finally, this repost from Mackinson Dairy Farm, which dissects expiration dates on milk so you can be sure you’re getting the freshest product!