It’s Ag Day, you guys!
Beginning in 1973, the Agriculture Council of America (ACA), an organization uniquely composed of leaders in the agriculture, food and fiber communities, decided it was time to increase the public awareness of agriculture’s vital role in our society.
Thus, Ag Day was born!
And you know the best part about Ag Day? All of the awesome information floating around Facebook for the world to see!
It’s good stuff, you guys.
And you know what’s better than memes? The amount of farmers – either through their personal Facebook pages, or through advocacy pages they’ve created – who are spending their Ag Day like they would any other day: Talking to their friends and followers about what they do and why they do it.
And that’s even better. Here are some of my favorites, so be sure to check them out:
- Ontario dairy farmer, Farmer Tim, who brilliantly uses awesomely funny puns to talk all things dairy.
- Beef farmer, Debbie Lyons-Blythe, who blogs about raising cattle and kids on her page, Kids, Cows and Grass.
- Photographer Erin Ehnle, who adds awesome ag information to her already gorgeous photos (the meme in the upper right corner above is hers!) on her page, Keeping it Real: Through the Lens of a Farm Girl.
- Rita Vander Kooi, author of So She Married a Farmer, who beautifully mixes real-life happenings on the farm into stories about family and faith.
- Illinois-gal Emily Webel, who uses her awesome humor to put all things ag into an interesting perspective on her page, Confessions of a Farm Wife. If you’re a mom, you’ll certainly be able to connect with her all-too-real musings on time management (is there such a thing?) with kids and all the crazy things that can happen along the way.