We’re in the homestretch, people. It feels good.
To kick off the homestretch, we’re talking more food safety. Because you can never be too careful when you’re cooking for yourself or your family.
Today, it’s www.FightBac.org, brought to you by the Partnership for Food Safety Education:
The Partnership for Food Safety Education delivers trusted, science-based behavioral health messaging and a network of resources that support consumers in their efforts to reduce risk of foodborne illness.
We work with an active network of 13,000 health and food safety educators – we call them BAC Fighters!- and support them by making their work more visible, collaborative, and effective.
These BAC Fighters are connecting each year with an estimated 7.5 million consumers –helping them to protect their health through safe food handling and hand hygiene. See “Who is educating consumers about reducing risk of foodborne illness.” Thanks to the support of our 25 Partner Organizations and Federal Liaisons, we’re able to help millions of consumers keep top-of-mind the preventive practices that destroy or hinder the growth and spread of dangerous foodborne pathogens that can cause serious illness and even death.
Similar to the other food safety websites, this one is chuck full of excellent information, including food safety basics, food poisoning, food safety education, information for kids, and free resources.
To see the rest of the 30-day series, check out the links below:
- Day 1 – The Best Info Straight From the Horse’s Mouth
- Day 2 – Open Gates and Open Minds
- Day 3 – Nom nom nom
- Day 4 – Just the Facts. From the Experts.
- Day 5 – All Things Biotech
- Day 6 – Keepin’ it Safe in the Kitchen
- Day 7 – Good Info, Cute Kids.
- Day 8 – Mom at the Meat Counter
- Day 9 – Learning to be Good Stewards of the Land
- Day 10 – Agriculture, Food and Leisure
- Day 11 – Proud to be a Rancher, Proud to be in Agriculture
- Day 12 – Food Facts from the Feds
- Day 13 – It’s all fun and games…
- Day 15 – All About Protein
- Day 17 – The Life and Times of an Illinois Farm Girl
- Day 18 – Answering the Dreaded, “What’s For Dinner?”
- Day 19 – Differences and Similarities
- Day 20 – Milk, Meat and Antibiotics
- Day 21 – U.S. Department of Food Safety
- Day 22 – Chow Talk
- Day 23 – All Things Dairy
- Day 24 – Understanding Labels
- Day 25 – Eat Right.
- Day 26 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- Day 27 – The Meat We Eat.