Are you seeing the trend here? There have been a whole lot of food safety, food processing, consumer question answering websites over the last 22 days.
Today is no different.
Today, we’re headed over to U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance’s (USFRA) Food Dialogues page.
A little bit of background about USFRA:
USFRA is made up of more than 80 farmer – and rancher-led organizations and agricultural partners representing virtually all aspects of agriculture, working to engage in dialogue with consumers who have questions about how today’s food is grown and raised. USFRA is committed to continuous improvement and supporting U.S. farmers and ranchers efforts to increase confidence and trust in today’s agriculture.
Essentially, USFRA is a national version of Illinois Farm Families (www.WatchUsGrow.org) and Common Ground (www.FindOurCommonGround.com). Same concept of transparency and answering consumer questions, but on a bigger scale. Plus, there are events!
In addition Food Dialogues being an internet presence where farmers can answer questions and talk about why they do what they do, USFRA hosts Food Dialogues events across the country where panels of farmers and industry professionals are on hand to answer consumer questions in a live setting.
On their website, you can find information about animal welfare, antibiotics, GMOs, farm size and ownership, food choices and price, food safety, hormones and growth tools, pesticides, herbicides and fertilizer, water quality and a section on how farmers do what they do.
As with all of the other websites I’ve featured, lots of good stuff if you take the time to read it. So make sure you take the time.
To see the rest of the 30-day series, check out the links below:
- Day 1 – The Best Info Straight From the Horse’s Mouth
- Day 2 – Open Gates and Open Minds
- Day 3 – Nom nom nom
- Day 4 – Just the Facts. From the Experts.
- Day 5 – All Things Biotech
- Day 6 – Keepin’ it Safe in the Kitchen
- Day 7 – Good Info, Cute Kids.
- Day 8 – Mom at the Meat Counter
- Day 9 – Learning to be Good Stewards of the Land
- Day 10 – Agriculture, Food and Leisure
- Day 11 – Proud to be a Rancher, Proud to be in Agriculture
- Day 12 – Food Facts from the Feds
- Day 13 – It’s all fun and games…
- Day 15 – All About Protein
- Day 17 – The Life and Times of an Illinois Farm Girl
- Day 18 – Answering the Dreaded, “What’s For Dinner?”
- Day 19 – Differences and Similarities
- Day 20 – Milk, Meat and Antibiotics
- Day 21 – U.S. Department of Food Safety