So, during my lunch hour today, I spent some time online looking for a new recipe for dinner tonight. I had some leftover egg noodles that need used up and I’m tired of the same old recipes that I keep cycling through.
Eventually I found a recipe that required no trip to the store and looks to be pretty simple. Bonus points: All told, it should take me about 40 minutes to whip up and get on the table.
But, you know what? I have do it all over again tomorrow night. And the night after that.
So what’s a mom (or dad) to do? Well, a good first step is to visit FarmFlavor.com.
What’s really cool is the fact that this portion of the website focuses on all things — and recipes — Illinois. They even featured one of my very favorite families on their homepage — Marcoot Jersey Creamery.
The Marcoot girls and I showed cattle together for many years, so I love seeing their faces smiling back at me!
Published by Journal Communications, Farm Flavor invites readers to grow their food knowledge along with their recipe collections.
And the recipes! Oh man, you guys, I can’t even tell you how much gold can be mined here. Search by meal type, theme, cooking method and ingredient to find your next favorite recipes.
Farm Flavor is an excellent blend of reliable ag information and super yummy recipes. Get your bookmark button ready — you’ll definitely want to save this one.
To see the rest of the 30-day series, check out the links below:
- Day 1 – The Best Info Straight From the Horse’s Mouth
- Day 2 – Open Gates and Open Minds
- Day 3 – Nom nom nom
- Day 4 – Just the Facts. From the Experts.
- Day 5 – All Things Biotech
- Day 6 – Keepin’ it Safe in the Kitchen
- Day 7 – Good Info, Cute Kids.
- Day 8 – Mom at the Meat Counter
- Day 9 – Learning to be Good Stewards of the Land
- Day 10 – Agriculture, Food and Leisure
- Day 11 – Proud to be a Rancher, Proud to be in Agriculture
- Day 12 – Food Facts from the Feds
- Day 13 – It’s all fun and games…
- Day 15 – All About Protein
- Day 17 – The Life and Times of an Illinois Farm Girl