Today marked seven years of wedded bliss for the Hubs and I. We celebrated last night, without the tiny human, by going to dinner at a restaurant to which we had never been. And let me tell you, it was delicious (and oh so quiet!).
The steak was a little more than we wanted to spend, so we opted for protein in the form of smothered chicken (OH. MY. GOSH. So good.) and chicken and shrimp alfredo.
I cook a lot of chicken at home because it’s easy and inexpensive, but it was still nice to have a familiar favorite in a new (and delicious!) way.
As a mom, I’m always looking for new ways to fix the same old thing. There’s nothing worse than getting into a rut where you make the same four dinners over and over and over. It’s frustrating for me, and it’s certainly frustrating for my family.
But the website really wasn’t developed to house recipes. The best information can be found in their labels, studies and media sections. There’s lot of great information about common nutrient and health claims and what they mean, studies about how meat affects diabetes, brain development and more, and awesome videos.
It’s a wealth of information for all your protein-related questions.
To see the rest of the 30-day series, check out the links below:
- Day 1 – The Best Info Straight From the Horse’s Mouth
- Day 2 – Open Gates and Open Minds
- Day 3 – Nom nom nom
- Day 4 – Just the Facts. From the Experts.
- Day 5 – All Things Biotech
- Day 6 – Keepin’ it Safe in the Kitchen
- Day 7 – Good Info, Cute Kids.
- Day 8 – Mom at the Meat Counter
- Day 9 – Learning to be Good Stewards of the Land
- Day 10 – Agriculture, Food and Leisure
- Day 11 – Proud to be a Rancher, Proud to be in Agriculture
- Day 12 – Food Facts from the Feds
- Day 13 – It’s all fun and games…