It’s time for another edition of the Weekly Round Up. We’re covering some good stuff this week, so buckle up!
- This article from Eating Well popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook earlier this week. I’m going to tackle it in a more in-depth post later next week, but wanted to toss it out there for your eyeballs this weekend. I have a lot of thoughts about this, but mostly, this: Despite the headline, it seems like, overall, a positive article. Am I crazy? In the descriptions of what foods are GM foods and why, it all makes a lot of sense to me and doesn’t really seem like a bad thing. But maybe that’s just because I’m a farm girl and get GMOs.
- In honor of the 14th anniversary of Sept. 11 yesterday, this. National FFA and 4-H posted some awesome stories yesterday about how members of both organizations served in the aftermath of 9/11. Some pretty cool stuff right there.
- In the same vein, I had to post this because I just love this story so much. It has nothing to do with ag and everything to do with dogs. Awesome, awesome dogs.
- This. Because you know I can’t help myself when faced with cheesy farm humor.
- This editorial from the Daily Illini, which I found in Holly Spangler’s own version of a Weekly Round Up over at Prairie Farmer. I have to say, after reading it, I’m proud to have come through that journalism department…finally. One thing that I would add, however, is that Chicago plays a big role in Illinois agriculture, too. It’s home to food processing companies and the Chicago Stockyards. You don’t get more ag than that.
- And finally, this blog post from Uptown Farms, which I just LOVE because I totally get it. I get snarky and condescending sometimes because I get so tired of having the same
argumentconversation over and over again. Ask any farmer and, if he (or she!) is being honest, he will probably admit to this.