It finally felt like July this week. We had a couple of days with heat advisories and the humidity was high enough to…well, I don’t know. But it was high. I also remembered that I don’t miss those high heat, high humidity days. I’m a farm girl. I don’t glow. I sweat. A lot.
Anyway. Time for another edition of the weekly round up.
- Check out this post from Minnesota Farm Living about Chipotle’s most recent announcement about sourcing pork from farms overseas. Will Chipotle’s irrational decisions never end?
- And this. Because it’s worth knowing, if you didn’t know it already.
- Speaking of antibiotics, check out this infographic from U.S. Farmer and Rancher Alliance about how farmers judiciously use antibiotics, and other tools in the toolbox for keeping animals healthy. It bears repeating – farmers use antibiotics to treat animals who are sick, just like you would give your kids antibiotics when they’re sick.
- Also, this. Because it’s awesome. And pretty true.
- And finally, this article from Pink Tractor which lists just a few things farmer wish consumers knew. It’s pretty spot on.