Today is May 8. Tomorrow is May 9.
Sorry, I’m having trouble grasping that because it means a year ago tomorrow, my husband and I were in the hospital welcoming our first child. How has it been a year already? It seems like time has really flown by. Especially considering I came up with the brilliant idea of making H’s first birthday gift – a play kitchen out of an old entertainment center – and I’m now SERIOUSLY running out of time to get it finished. Oh well. Who needs sleep anyway?
To keep my mind off the approaching D-Day – I mean, Happy Birthday, H! – let’s do another Weekly Round Up:
- This article, which talks about the benefits of equine interaction for patients with Alzheimer’s disease. It’s a pretty cool read and helps validate what those of us with horses already know: they’re good for the spirit.
- This. Because, really, it’s just so true.
- This article from The Washington Post. It’s a few weeks old, but still worth posting. Many consumers buy animal products produced the way they think the animals prefer, but in many cases, it’s just not the case, as this article shows.
- This. In my case, it was usually horses out (and sometimes cows if I was hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa’s house) but, yeah, that’s pretty much our version of the neighborhood watch.
- And one more, just because I think it’s funny. I think I might need one of these in the trees at my house.