It’s time for another edition of the Weekly Round Up. Here goes:
- It was brutally cold here in Illinois this week. BRUTALLY. COLD. And this? Well, it’s a nice reminder of what farmers do. Even when it’s brutally cold. (From our friends at Mackinson Dairy Farm)
- This. I mean, c’mon. Adorable.
- Are you worried about antibiotics in your meat or milk? CommonGround dished out some excellent information — and a video! — to help answer your questions.
- Did you know this? Most people don’t realize so many of America’s jobs are tied to agriculture.
- The Dietary Guidelines Committee submitted its final report to the USDA and Department for Health and Human Services Thursday and they had some interesting recommendations, including reducing consumption of lean, red meat, increasing plant-based foods and decreasing animal based foods. Their reasoning? Plant-based diets are more sustainable. Check out Prairie Farmer for the full story.
- Have you seen all the stories floating around the internet about fairlife milk? Long story short, Coca-Cola decided to partner (well, more like back the company) to get the new milk option onto more store shelves. But that connection has a few consumers more than a little confused. Which is why Carrie Mess over at Dairy Carrie decided to round up the facts on fairlife to share with her readers. Hey, if a dairy farmer isn’t concerned about a new option in the dairy aisle, you shouldn’t be, either.