It’s you. You, as a consumer, are the last link in the chain.
Farmers do what they do because of you. They change the way they farm because of your questions, needs, concerns and requests. You’re the reason we do what we do.
If you’ve learned anything reading this series, I hope it’s that farmers care about what you think and they care about their product. They care because they’re eating the same food your family is eating. And they care because you’re the one with the purchasing power.
So if there’s something you want, tell us. We’re working hard to listen. But remember, the listening needs to go both ways. Farmers love what they do and don’t want to jeopardize that. They’ve worked hard to harness technology and employ the latest in science, so when they say they’re working hard for you, listen.
And remember, if you have questions, ask. We’re only to happy to answer.
Don’t forget to check out all the awesome blogs happening this month over at Prairie Farmer.
For the full Faces Behind Your Food Series, check out the links below:
- Intro: 30 Days
- Day 1: Managing…everything
- Day 2: Building Relationships
- Day 3: 50/50
- Day 4: Irons in the Fire
- Day 5: Loaded Up and Trucking
- Day 6: Variety is the Spice of Life
- Day 7: Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.
- Day 8: You have got to start somewhere.
- Day 9: The earth that calls me.
- Day 10: Teaching changes the way I look at things at home.
- Day 11: A Family Affair
- Day 12: Diversification.
- Day 13: Bigger is Better
- Day 14: Working for the Weekend
- Day 15: Three Generations of Pauling Brothers
- Day 16: “Quality and consistency is what makes us great.”
- Day 17: Community Supported Agriculture
- Day 18: “We wouldn’t sell something to our customers that we wouldn’t eat ourselves.”
- Day 19: The kitchen table is still the board room.
- Day 20: It all starts with a seed.
- Day 21: 24/7
- Day 22: Heart and Soul
- Day 23: More than Food, Feed and Fuel
- Day 24: “Farmers are technologically advanced.”
- Day 25: Thank God for the farmer.
- Day 26: Farm Business Farm Management
- Day 27: 70 Years of Dairy
- Day 28: Farmers are consumers, too.
- Day 29: Talking the Talk